Consultation & Supervision
As a long-time educator, mentor, and national-level consultant, Dr. Foynes is available to offer supervision and consultation to colleagues and agencies in a variety of areas. Consultation can be beneficial whether you are new to certain therapy modalities, clinical challenges, or client populations, very seasoned and experienced, or somewhere in the middle. A structured plan can integrate a combination of learning modalities (e.g., discussion, tape review, recommended readings and didactic trainings) and target specific learning goals, or be more unstructured to address consultation questions on an as-needed basis as they emerge over time.
In addition to offering individual supervision and consultation, Dr. Foynes is also available to consult with groups or agencies. Examples of current and past work include collaborating with the UNC Hospital School, Victims Right’s Law Center, Spaulding Rehab’s Adaptive Sports Program, and Exposing the Silence Project.
- Helping doulas, midwives, obstetrician-gynecologists, and lactation consultants effectively support women who are trauma survivors or who have had experienced trauma or complications prenatally or during the birth process or postpartum period
- Generating new treatment directions or creative ways to feel unstuck with specific clients or group dynamics
- Developing and evaluating the effectiveness of treatment programs and groups
- Addressing vicarious trauma in mental and non-mental health professionals
- Helping non-mental health professionals (e.g., medical providers, physical therapists, administrative staff) interact with survivors in a trauma-informed way
- Developing and enhancing trauma-informed environments of care